Old (and good) Albums Re-discovered.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfraser

Über Member
I played the whole Still Climbing album earlier today. I'd forgotten how good it was.
Cinderella were very underrated in my opinion. They didn't deserve to be lumped in with the medicore glam bands.
I love Edison's Medicine. It's got me up many a hill has that :smile:
It's a very catchy song! I've been singing it to myself all week! :smile:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
There is an album recorded in 1971 that wasn't released until a brief appearance (on vinyl) in Spain in 1975 simply because the guy who recorded it decided to take vast amounts of LSD and go off wandering around Europe.
Luckily his record company decided to release this gem in 1992 but just imagine if this had come out in '71'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=veAGj6h874s

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Just been listening to a few tracks from 'Architecture and Morality' by OMD, and 'Dare' by the Human League.
Next up - either 'Tarkus' (ELP) or possibly Autobahn, although I can't really say I've rediscovered it since I listen to something by Kraftwerk most weeks.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
The The, Soul Mining. Had it on in the car last week, not listened to it in full for years. Probably my favourite band.

That's a blast from the past, used to love that and Infected.

I've been listening to a bit of Def Leppard recently, cheesy I know, I guess most people like the Americanised hair metal Hysteria album best. I didn't care for that, this is their best IMHO

1981---High-N-Dry(1).jpg

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Ah, that just reminded me that I had a Phil Manzanera album years ago named Diamond Head which I have not heard for about 30 years. It has gone the way of all my vinyl, so I will have to see if I can find it on the mighty YouTube. Here you go ...

That appears to be Union Pacific E-9s leading the City of San Francisco through, maybe, Heber, Utah.Right before they handed the train off to:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBG6Yi_q8Lw

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
The Moody Blues:
The Search for the Lost Chord
Every Good Boy Deserves favour

Top Bottom