Old China tea set for 2. tray 2 cups and saucers teapot milk jug and sugar bowl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clid61

Veteran
Anyone know anything about this stuff , Im 60 and was given today a wedding gift to my great great grandma . So looking around 1850 to 1900 ? The only stamp on bottom is (looks like ) 31 .
Any help much appreciated , keep hitting dead ends on internet pics to follow

classic33

Leg End Member
Anyone know anything about this stuff , Im 60 and was given today a wedding gift to my great great grandma . So looking around 1850 to 1900 ? The only stamp on bottom is (looks like ) 31 .
Any help much appreciated , keep hitting dead ends on internet pics to follow
Any worth anything will have makers initials/mark on the bases. Picture of the design would help.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Old crockery can be worth a fortune.
Can be,but usually isn't. Alfred Meakin https://vintage-and-antiques.co.uk/collections/alfred-meakin-china for example is usually around 90 years old and quite nice,but there's so much of it about it's not worth much. The OP's inheritance might be worth much more due to age and potential rarity. I inherited my grandma's old crockery off my mum,when she passed away 3 years ago. After visiting many charity shops over the years i'm wondering if they actually are my grandma's (as in bought when she was a young woman in the 1920's/30's) and not some old tat she bought in church 'bring and buys', pre charity shop days.🤔

Last edited:
Top Bottom