Old Falcon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Could it be a continental frame ?
What I don't understand is the 2 semi circle marks where the head transfer should have been fixed. It looks as though a sticker was once there which doesn't look to be the shape of a Falcon logo . The lugs also look slightly different to those fitted to my Black Diamond .

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Could it be a continental frame ?
What I don't understand is the 2 semi circle marks where the head transfer should have been fixed. It looks as though a sticker was once there which doesn't look to be the shape of a Falcon logo . The lugs also look slightly different to those fitted to my Black Diamond .

I thought the same.
The shape of the badge is different from the Falcon badge.
I can't think what badge is that shape.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I had another look and thought I was mistaken but it looks upside down !

I have found a picture of a Falcon headstock sticker, it could be the same shape, a bit different from the metal badge.
20221228_080902.jpg

Unfortunately not, but it is attached to a Black Diamond ladies frame.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/13432906...DewMYnDT92&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

That style of block lettering was post move to Lincolnshire. So I would have thought late 70's.

Mandobob

Looks like the headset was also chromed 🤷🏻‍♂️

If the head tube is chromed, you will find that it was a device to chrome the two head tube lugs. They dipped the whole of the front of the frame to chrome it and then painted the frame up to the lugs, leaving them chrome. The only published model they did this to was the San Remo.

OP
OP
Neilka

Neilka

If the head tube is chromed, you will find that it was a device to chrome the two head tube lugs. They dipped the whole of the front of the frame to chrome it and then painted the frame up to the lugs, leaving them chrome. The only published model they did this to was the San Remo.

Isn't chrome, it's the leftovers of a sticker 🙄

Gunk

Guru
Leave the fixed cup in place if you can’t remove it, you don’t want to destroy the frame trying to get it out.

I’ve rebuilt one before where I couldn’t budge it, I left it place and carefully managed to get the loose ball bearings in place with patience and plenty of grease.

Top Bottom