Old fart getting back into it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

H12rpo

Regular
been enjoying a bit of mtb for the last 5 months, but today fancied reliving my youth a bit with a vintage racer. Just picked up a fixer upper a 10 speed (70’s ?) Reynolds framed BSA prima.
I shall no doubt be asking some advice on getting it restored. Already read some threads about the stuck seat post. First job though is getting the Suntour VX to work.......it’s doing that common thing of not taking up the tension Inn the chain so it hanging down. Planning to get the frame professionally blasted and painted etc
Anyhoooo here I am Inn Cardiff South Wales

owdo :bicycle:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello and welcome. Plenty of old farts on this forum so you will be in good company. ^_^. And before anyone says anything, i am NOT an old fart. :welcome:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and welcome. We need some pics of the Beezer.
Your first job should be to fix that seat post, unless of course it's right for you. If you can't and its at the wrong height it will render it junk. Don't worry,let's hope its not too far gone.
Good luck.

OP
OP
H12rpo

H12rpo

Regular
image.jpg
B99748C8-1DAF-4A79-8577-C88DDAD4E038.jpeg

OP
OP
H12rpo

H12rpo

Regular
It’s a bit worse than I first thought. The ally handlebar stem is stuck fast in the front tube as well. It also has a bit of a dent (looks like it’s been crushed by a vice ) in the crossbar. Is it worth persevering??

Top Bottom