old fart

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Tynan said:
I stopped at a zebra last night, the two girls waiting stepped out and then smartly back as black cab went straight through

'****ing cyclists?' I said with a laugh hopefully!

Corrected the punctuation there...:tongue:

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Jake said:
just a small rant today. ride home last night and scroes upon scores of cyclists going through red lights, could not believe it.

had a cyclist doing a crazy u-turn and nearly going into me

god dam motorbikes, lost count of the close shaves last night

and to the old git who hogged my back wheel dangerously close for some of the journey, I hope someone smacks you next time! in the end when the lights changed, i just sat there and let the git pass me. If i had to swerve or slam breaks on, he wouls have been over me. he prob drives a car like that too. dangerous.

letts see what happens on the way to work at 9

Maybe he was blind?

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

!!!!!!!!!!! 36 aint that young - is it? nothing about being slow, i ride at the right speed to the conditions. ie the road surface, weather and other traffic. I dont really think i need to defend myself here. the guy no matter how old or young was dangeroulsy close to my back wheel. if i had stopped suddenly he would have hit me and injured me, resulting in my injuring his face and prod rearranging his bike. he was using my slip stream which is fine if your in the right company, but not in rush on the roads of london. Jog-on mate

jasper

User3143 said:
You would think though that if someone was to draft someone then they would have the riding ability and foresight to think about things like potholes and the limited vision that drafting someone gives.
Nothing to do with ability:

The person who is leading is supposed to point the potholes, etc out to anyone who is behind by using the left or right hand pointed down, depending on which side the obstruction is on.

Although, you probably wouldn't bother if you didn't want him drafting you.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

I would have thought it was something arranged between cylcists, during a commute its everyman for himself.

It's no differenet then tailgatting in a car, in fact its prob more dangerous.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Jake said:
!!!!!!!!!!! 36 aint that young - is it? nothing about being slow, i ride at the right speed to the conditions. ie the road surface, weather and other traffic. I dont really think i need to defend myself here. the guy no matter how old or young was dangeroulsy close to my back wheel. if i had stopped suddenly he would have hit me and injured me, resulting in my injuring his face and prod rearranging his bike. he was using my slip stream which is fine if your in the right company, but not in rush on the roads of london. Jog-on mate
Do you have a mouth? Instead of whinging and wailing to us, why didn't you say something to him? Look out for the next Wiggle sale - they will have balls and backbones on special offer!

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

ROFL, I get you now, your being funny. sorry i thought you were being rude. :smile:

Top Bottom