Old footage on Youtube...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For a giggle and to feed nostalgia, I'm looking at Tours gone by online.

I've recently started to watch the Liggett-narrated "Legends of the Tour - Lance Armstrong".

I've only seen the first clip (10 mins?) and already the comedy moments are pouring in.

2000 (it was, wasn't it?) when "Armstrong scratching his head now, wondering how the young Scotsman beat him to win the stage" [He beat you by doing what you were doing].

Also 2000 "Armstrong now leaving Pantani struggling in his wake... this, who we thought was the best climber the Tour had ever seen". [Ditto as for Millar]

The unintentional comedy offered by these commentating 'flies in amber' are priceless. Lots of "This is unbelievable" and "Just incredible" and "Where does he find the power?"

I have to say that a part of me is enjoying the nostalgia and slipping back to the moment... But the bigger part is chuckling heartily as I start to calculate just how many of the riders I rather liked in the early 2000s will not come out of this TV nostalgia trip with much crediblity.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I love the opening paragraph......"he's won the tour 7 time which gives him a unique position in the history of the TdF"...I'll say ...more like infamous and despised. Watching this is like bingo...shout out when you see a blatant doping strongman act.

Hont

Guru
2000 (it was, wasn't it?) when "Armstrong scratching his head now, wondering how the young Scotsman beat him to win the stage" [He beat you by doing what you were doing].

Small point of order: Millar claims to have won that prologue clean. He claims not to have used EPO until 2001.

raindog

er.....
Small point of order: Millar claims to have won that prologue clean. He claims not to have used EPO until 2001.
Absolutely - that was ages before he started doping. He wasn't much more than a kid - I remember him in tears during the post race interview.

Top Bottom