Old ladies coventry eagle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
Ok sorting out bikes and stuff at the in laws shed and found this project I bought nearly 2 years ago. I do have the front wheel and the lovely lycett sprung seat at my house for some reason.

Originally thought it was a 1930s ladies light roadster (link below) but the head badge and fork covers probably place it more in the 50s or 60s. By the look of the pedal rubbers I don't think this bike really got rode.

Back in the shed for now as I don't have time for it yet.

http://oldbike.wordpress.com/1930s-coventry-eagle-gents-roadster/

If anyone has any further info or knows someone who might I would be extremely grateful.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 118

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Rod brakes though. nice project for someone ^_^

OP
OP
Tony Raynor

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
And the sprung Lycett seat with I think was horse hair underneath. Think I might have to get that professionally sorted to make it look like new. Guessing it might be quite comfortable being double sprung.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 980
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 650
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 676
U

User42423

Ok sorting out bikes and stuff at the in laws shed and found this project I bought nearly 2 years ago. I do have the front wheel and the lovely lycett sprung seat at my house for some reason.

Originally thought it was a 1930s ladies light roadster (link below) but the head badge and fork covers probably place it more in the 50s or 60s. By the look of the pedal rubbers I don't think this bike really got rode.

Back in the shed for now as I don't have time for it yet.

http://oldbike.wordpress.com/1930s-coventry-eagle-gents-roadster/

If anyone has any further info or knows someone who might I would be extremely grateful.

Hi Tony. I think this is more 60s. Pre-55 was the perched eagle (head badge).

Top Bottom