Old Saracen MTB for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
http://www.cyclechat.net/uploads/1316025268/gallery_8717_280_114294.jpg

Circa 1995 Saracen Fastrax steel framed solid forked MTB. 21 speed Shimano (Altus?) gears in working order. Rigida alloy wheels with quick releases. Shimano canti brakes.

The bike sat in my garage unused for a long time. About 2 years ago I serviced it and used it for a few weeks but ultimately bought a full sus bike and the Saracen is gathering dust.

This is a bike for a tall person - seat tube is 21 inches from bottom bracket centre to crossbar centre, but since the seat tube extend above the crossbar it is a total 23 inches long. I am 6 foot 2 and it fits me well.

Since the photo was taken I have:
  • fitted brand new tubes and new-ish semi slick Geaxx tyres taken off my full sus bike
  • fitted plastic mudguards front and back
  • refitted yellow bar ends which I bought around the time the bike was new
  • refitted a yellow alloy bottle cage which was bought around the time the bike was new
  • fitted plastic toeclips and straps which came off my full sus bike
  • fitted Aldi's "lookalike Ergon" grips
This would make a sound commuter bike, or maybe a winter training hack, or if someone was keen on older bikes then this is pretty well in original condition i.e. none of the mechanical components have been broken or changed out. The bike has never been thrashed or crashed, just ridden on bridle paths, lanes and such like.

It's located in North Kent and I am asking just £50 for it

Top Bottom