Old school shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigAl68

Über Member
Hello,

I have just started riding an old steel frame and enjoy the toe clips but I need some proper stiff soled shoes. Does anyone have any ideas of a decent pair. Willing to spend good money for the right shoes and so far can only seem to find spd shoes that may be OK. The vittoria 1976 seem to fit the bill and wonder if anyone has used them without spd cleats?

Thanks and if anyone knows of other shoes I would be happy for the advice.

vickster

Legendary Member
Velorution do lots of cool leather shoes. I'm sure if you call, they'd be happy to advise

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
See I have been looking far and wide and hadn't come across them and they do exactly what I want. Happy days as my lovely mum has offered to buy me some for my birthday next week.

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
These are the types of shops I try to avoid especially when I have just been paid. More things I probably don't need but definitely now want....

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
I don't like the quoc ones as they are too much like bowling shoes I wore those when I had scooters back in the 1980s :blush:. I did consider some Italian hand made ones but thankfully they are no longer being made as they were 260 pounds. It was payday when I last looked.

ayceejay

Guru
http://shop.cicli-berlinetta.de/product/duegi-cycling-shoes/
These are the best shoes of that type money can buy db_file_img_1653_1200xauto.jpg

Top Bottom