Olympic cycling - track and road (may contain spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
@Cathryn
I don't know if you read Inrng but this a great write up on the women's road race

https://inrng.com/2021/07/womens-road-race-review-tokyo/#more-39677

All his stuff is excellent
That's new to me, thanks for sharing. It's just a brilliant story - a real Olympic fairytale.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Indeed. Incredible for Shriever. Had to fund her own way to Tokyo, went out hard at the start and did I hear that her legs were cramping at the end, but just held on for Gold? At her first ever Olympics.

Wow!

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Yes, IMO they do. I'd have thought BMX would do similar. (in both disciplines they spin big revs when upto speed) My only thought was that mashing a big gear might make you last into Turn 1 every time? I'm really not sure about this!!!
If you watch, they seem to get most of their speed after the first ramp from pumping, where it doesn't matter what gear you are in.

A bit late to the party but just saw the bmx races and associated interviews and discussion. Really nice, heart warming stuff. A bit nearer what I think of what the Olympic ideal should be.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I noticed riders drafting in the Tri bike leg. I thought it was illegal, so I did a Google search. Seems the Tri world is complicated with lots of ifs buts and maybes. But drafting in the Olympic Tri is legal.

Top Bottom