Olympic RR **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
After the comments about the other teams not being bothered about winning as long as Cav didn't win, should the other teams be disqualified for "not using one's best efforts to win" as has happened in the badminton?

In the badders it was obvious. In the murky web of tactical cycling, every other team (*ahem* Germany) can put it down purely to their tactics going as wrong as GBs.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Greipel should be a bit pissed off. One of their places was taken by Robert Forster and Tony Martin dropped out early. He was left hoping GB would do the job for him.

Greipel should be a bit pissed off. One of their places was taken by Robert Forster and Tony Martin dropped out early. He was left hoping GB would do the job for him.
I thought Robert 'Quads' Forstemann was doing a mtb event, not the road race? And yes, Greipel should be kicking himself and the team management.

albion

Guru
Got to admit that I have gotten to admire Wiggins for his simple calm honest observations.

There has been none of the pretentious superstar self marketing crap.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I thought Robert 'Quads' Forstemann was doing a mtb event, not the road race? And yes, Greipel should be kicking himself and the team management.

The German road team was Greipel, Martin, Grabsch, Degenkolb, Seiburg. Grabsch is the only one who did a proper stint at the front. I don't recall even seeing Degenkolb at any point in the race.

You have to wonder why on earth Knees wasn't picked - maybe they feared he would want to help Cav.

d.

The German road team was Greipel, Martin, Grabsch, Degenkolb, Seiburg. Grabsch is the only one who did a proper stint at the front. I don't recall even seeing Degenkolb at any point in the race.

You have to wonder why on earth Knees wasn't picked - maybe they feared he would want to help Cav.

d.
Martin had a go before he dropped out.

Top Bottom