Olympics ....again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
IT'S A HARBINGER OF DOOM I TELL YOU, DOOOOM!!

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
The best thing about the Olympics is that I'll be about 100 miles away from them:laugh:. Can't see the point in spending £9 billion so that some gangly-legged bloke can run 100m about 0.000001 nanoseconds faster than the other bloke. Who cares?. £9 billion would have built an awful lot of Dutch-style cyclepaths:blush:.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
But then Nemo, the whole population wouldn't have had the opportunity to band together as one promoting national pride in being British....

asterix

Comrade Member
It's an ever-expanding task holding these games, innit? My sympathy is with Rio (no, not Ferdinand, de Janeiro..) they've got to do the next one. By which time we could be at war with parts of SA.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I think it's about time they simply chose a spot and built a specific park to hold the Olympics in. The gulf states seem to be good at creating landmasses out of sea and desert, maybe they could run something up somewhere. Something that can hold land and sea based events in one place. Ideally not too hot or cold. To be paid for and maintained by some international fund, rather than any single country footing the bill. Nothing flash, no frills, just all the basic necessary amentities and facilities for competitors and spectators.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Just have it at a James Bond style mountain top retreat somewhere in Switzerland instead

Until then however, I've been vaguely considering having a holiday in Sochi in 2014. Maybe.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
The best thing about the Olympics is that I'll be about 100 miles away from them:laugh:. Can't see the point in spending £9 billion so that some gangly-legged bloke can run 100m about 0.000001 nanoseconds faster than the other bloke. Who cares?. £9 billion would have built an awful lot of Dutch-style cyclepaths:blush:.
thanks - but I'd rather have the Olympics

Top Bottom