Olympics opening ceremony - no spoilers please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yes, I want some wings too!

I thought it was fab. Even Macca, but I have a soft spot for him. Although I can think of songs I'd rather sing along to. The speeches were too long, but you take the rough with the smooth.

Nihal

Veteran
Paul's touch was nice,the whole thing was unbelivable:thumbsup:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Paul's touch was nice,the whole thing was unbelivable:thumbsup:

Did you 'get it'? As an outsider, so to speak? Or did it matter. A spectacle like that, sometimes you don't have to understand it. Like watching Opera sung in foreign.

Nihal

Veteran
Did you 'get it'? As an outsider, so to speak? Or did it matter. A spectacle like that, sometimes you don't have to understand it. Like watching Opera sung in foreign.
Yes,especially the sheep,cows and chicken part:whistle:

2PedalsTez

Über Member
Surprised at how good it was. We should be proud.
Sure, the team procession took ages, but reading Ned Boulting's tweets kept me entertained.
Macca at the end.. hmm.. it felt like people had got a bit bored with the 'join in' bit. I'd have done one of his more exciting songs to finish with a bang, rather than fading 'na na na nahs'

yello

Out of interest, did anybody NOT watch it (out of choice)?

I didn't, not out of bah-humbug-ism either. I knew it was on but simply preferred to do something else.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Out of interest, did anybody NOT watch it (out of choice)?

I didn't, not out of bah-humbug-ism either. I knew it was on but simply preferred to do something else.
If Arch hadn't been here I probably would have watched something else and just dipped in and out not really getting any useful effect.
However, I am glad I did watch it.

Arch

Married to Night Train
If Arch hadn't been here I probably would have watched something else and just dipped in and out not really getting any useful effect.
However, I am glad I did watch it.

I'm glad we did too. I wasn't too bothered, and might not have suggested it until I heard people who'd been to rehearsals raving about it, and then saw the preview clip of the winged cyclists. At that point, I was intrigued!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Do we think he was actually driving it? I assumed there was a hidden pilot, but then NT pointed out, he might have a speedboat of his own....

Top Bottom