Olympics up in the air!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I doubt if anyone outside of India would even notice if they didn't turn up. Given their sporting record it would be on a par with me boycotting the Tour de France.

colly

Re member eR
Looks like their noses are out of joint 'cos he took the dosh from someone else.
Must have been taking notes over the FA/FIFA/World Cup tiff.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
They are probably somewhat upset that many thousands of people died horribly, others live on in a pitiful condition, deformed children are still being born there, the mess was never properly cleaned up, nor realistic compensation paid, but the new company has plenty of money to spend on giant plastic skirts! :whistle:

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
They are probably somewhat upset that many thousands of people died horribly, others live on in a pitiful condition, deformed children are still being born there, the mess was never properly cleaned up, nor realistic compensation paid, but the new company has plenty of money to spend on giant plastic skirts! :whistle:

So true ,,

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I think the Indian government has a point.

Coe must be a complete plank not to have seen this coming. He should tear up the agreement with Dow or go.

ASC1951

Guru
I don't really care whether the Olympics happen or not. The 'legacy' of these horribly expensive shindigs is generally zero - the facilities have to be given away and all the money left over just vanishes.

Elite sport does nothing to encourage mass participation in sport; and that is what the £squillions of tax and local revenue involved should be spent on, not on the great and the good and their consultants.

Top Bottom