Olympus Master *rseware.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Does anybody use this for their photos?

I'm struggling to backup my pictures to either my hard drive or a cd. It's the first time to me and I'm not so technical.
I can find the photos and movies ok but I think I have to "select" them and nominate them to be backed up. I can't do this bit. The help function is singularily unhelpful on the matter.

Keith Oates

Janner
I don't know the Olympus but for me I just transfer them accross using Windows Explorer, it works OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spesh

I've got an Olympus Mini-Me - sorry, μ-Mini - but I haven't bothered with installing Olympus Master. I just transfer files across in Windows Explorer - XP just views the camera as a generic removeable floppy drive.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Still can't do anything with them. They're stuck in Olympus Master and I don't know how to get them out. I uploaded them there direct from the camera and can't seem to access them from anywhere in windows.

water

longers said:
Still can't do anything with them. They're stuck in Olympus Master and I don't know how to get them out. I uploaded them there direct from the camera and can't seem to access them from anywhere in windows.

No expert but if you have Master open and the photos in folders can you not just right click a folder-'send to'-and transfer them to 'MyDocuments'-'My Photographs' ?.Also,when you are uploading from camera to computer can you not specify where you wish to copy/transfer them to by using 'open with Explorer' in the pop up box ?..Hope you get sorted out :eek:

no idea... i have a mac and a kodak.

it did used to open with iphoto automatically, but i then found the way to turn that off, so i now open with image capture and transfer the pics into the pictures folder and can then transfer to iphoto or kodak software.

i know the two systems are very different, but there must be a way to turn off the default download and just transfer the pics to your pictures folder?

check through all the options. if the worst comes to the worst, delete the olympus software... load pics as normal and select that option as the default and load the olympus again and see if it asks you to change the default and then say no.

good luck!

L

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Trouble was I'd deleted the pics off the camera as I uploaded them. I've just managed to get at them now and have changed my pic to show how nice and sunny it was up here yesterday evening.
:eek:

It's not so good now though!

Blue

Legendary Member
longers said:
Does anybody use this for their photos?

I'm struggling to backup my pictures to either my hard drive or a cd. It's the first time to me and I'm not so technical.
I can find the photos and movies ok but I think I have to "select" them and nominate them to be backed up. I can't do this bit. The help function is singularily unhelpful on the matter.

I have never done this, but I use the same software. When I open 'browse' and click 'file' there is an option for 'back-up'. When I select back-up there is an icon for 'all' on the left, then an option on the right to select where to send the images. Hope that helps, if you haven't got yourself sorted already.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Cheers Blue, you made me go and look again.

I've just found the little box next to the date which when ticked will select the images I want to backup.

It was one of those well hidden things which was actually staring me in the face bleeding obvious so it was. :eek:

Top Bottom