OMG - Emergency Housework

What do I tidy first?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My wife has been in Hospital for the last week after some complications to a knee replacement operation.

They have just phoned to say that she has been discharged and is on her way home!

I need advice on what to do first

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
move the beer bottles.... you've spent the week worrying about her and as a result, you've fallen behind on the housework.. otherwise she'll think you've spent the week getting pissed and pretending you're a bachelor :thumbsup:

edit... and whilst you're at it... get tidying and stop posting on CC.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
No need to tidy the kitchen as you are going to be a dutiful husband and therefore not let her go in the kitchen (thus saving the need to tidy that one), but you are going to need to tidy the front room as she is going to see that one (you are going to have to put her somewhere and she will notice everything from her view in a chair!

Last edited:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
No need to tidy the kitchen as you are going to be a dutiful husband and therefore not let her go in the kitchen (thus saving the need to tidy that one), but you are going to need to tidy the front room as she is going to see that one!

Yes, tidy the front room first, is that where the beer bottles are? Then I would put fresh clean sheets on the bed that she will be sleeping in tonight. Is there enough milk in the fridge for lots of cups of tea or coffee this evening?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Tidy the kitchen, and explain that you've emptied the beer bottles ready to be put out. That's half the job really...

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
He hasn't replied, he must be busy running around or adding to the pile of beer bottles!

Meanwhile he managed to get me into trouble as I (and everyone else in the house), was alerted to the fact I was replying on here whilst forgetting the garlic busy burning by the fire alarm:blush:

Top Bottom