Omg just found next years new toy..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
If the bike in question is the 'good bike', you might not ride it over the winter anyway. A lot of people switch to their winter bikes instead. So to sell the summer bike and save up while riding the winter bike for an even better summer bike makes a lot of sense.
We assume the OP has a winter bike...He's only had this one a few weeks IIRC, bought for one sportive? However, if not going to be used and wanting a new bike next spring, best to sell while it is as unused as possible

Cubist

Still wavin'
But isn't this the worst time to sell a bike? Demand is higher in spring.

vickster

Legendary Member
But isn't this the worst time to sell a bike? Demand is higher in spring.

Yes, this is probably true, although it'll be 9 months older then and buyers may assume that if not ridden for 9 months, a seller will want rid (and pay less.

It's still summer you know! :sun:

pplpilot

Guru
I really do not get this summer/winter bike thing :scratch: I have a bike I ride it all year round. I don't want to ride something that's not as good as my bike in the winter months. I paid top dollar for my bike id like to think it can withstand some weather. clean it / lube it / look after it. The only thing I do Is fit some wider tyres with some tread.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I ride my summer bike all year round, unless I am either going off road or riding a route that entails a lot of muddy/cow poo-ey roads and then I take my MTB.
Seems a shame to be selling a CAAD-8 so soon though. Lovely bikes.

pplpilot

Guru
nobody says you cannot ride one bike all year but taking a rather expensive geared out race bike out in all weather all winter, would soon become expensive to keep on the road?

really? I've never had such expense. if anything its the other way around, id expect cheap components not to last as long.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Only lost about 3 weeks cycling, so only a short one down this way.:laugh:
We had a light dusting of snow here at the end of March ... :whistle: (picture © 2013, Cubist)

Snowcave031.jpg

Top Bottom