omlette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There should be a law protecting the omlette. Milk, strawberries etc are against the gospel and I am sure the Koran has a view on it.

Twinks

Über Member
How do you make your omelette? I fry onions or mushrooms in butter then stir up half a dozen eggs lightly, chuck them in and when it just starts to set on the bottom sprinkle cheese on top and shove it under the grill.....mmmmmmmm... that's tea sorted then. :hungry::smile:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Im a chicken owner and scrambled egg has milk but omelette does not . My chickens told me that and they never lie . Actually they never do anything apart from lay eggs , eat and shoot .
anyway , omelette ... I heat butter in a pan and beat 3 eggs with a fork until the butter has melted and then pour the eggs into the pan pushing the mix into the middle so the runny bits get cooked . Once its firm I flip it like a pancake and add shredded ham and grated cheese to half of the cooked side . I then fold the omelette in half over the ham and cheese and let the mix and cheese seal it into a pocket . Maybe turn a few times to get the cheese melting if needed . :hungry:

What's the latest word on eggs? I seem to remember thst when i was a kid they were considered some sort of superfood of the gods*** but then the rumbings began about being careful. How many a week is considered OK?

*** I do also though remember the curious phrase "egg bound" but that was maybe zn odd lancashire malady - have never hesrd of the peril since.

willic

Regular
Just Leek and Onions.Plenty of black pepper sprinkled on...

Hicky

Guru
Omelette becomes scrambled egg when it is stuck to the pan and you(ie me) cockup freeing it......no milk in either...no pepper/salt or anything....if you want a quiche minus the crust then do that, stop spoiling the pure nature of a simple food for simple folk(ie me).
Protein powder in this mix...:wacko:

Red17

Veteran
What's the latest word on eggs? I seem to remember thst when i was a kid they were considered some sort of superfood of the gods*** but then the rumbings began about being careful. How many a week is considered OK?

*** I do also though remember the curious phrase "egg bound" but that was maybe zn odd lancashire malady - have never hesrd of the peril since.

They went out of favour for a while with claims that they raised cholesterol, but recently they seem to have decided they don't - a bit like everything else they warn you off

Definitely remember my mother / grandmother warning about getting egg bound though - but that was always with hard boiled eggs rather than fried / scrambled so no idea if there was any truth in it.

They went out of favour for a while with claims that they raised cholesterol, but recently they seem to have decided they don't - a bit like everything else they warn you off

Definitely remember my mother / grandmother warning about getting egg bound though - but that was always with hard boiled eggs rather than fried / scrambled so no idea if there was any truth in it.
Ah thanks for confirming the egg bound memory :smile:

Are you northern?

Top Bottom