On line spec' services....any good suggestions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
The situation.
The 95 year old aunty in hospital has 'lost' her specs. They are bi focals
I need.........
Fast/quick delivery .
Decent quality
Cheap**

**she is due an eye test when she gets out so just needs something URGENTLY to get her over this problem.
Edit
We have the prescription.

I need proven suggestions please.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Glasses Direct have been good for me in the past ! Even have the prescription saved on my account, so when a pair of glasses got swept away on holiday, I was able to travel to the next village in Spain, and order a set, even though I couldn't get a test. They made them within the hour. I had just enough time to have a pint on the seafront !

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I used Glasses Direct too for an extra pair of tinted distance glasses for driving. They were cheaper than the optician but not exactly cheap. I think they came in around a week if I remember correctly.

vickster

Legendary Member
Local Specsavers?

alicat

Legendary Member
How about trying where she had her last test. They will know other things that matter like the distance from the pupil to the centre of the face etc.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS found my glasses a few days later on the beach. They were in one piece, well, other than the lenses being sandblasted. There were loads of sunglasses etc. We'd had a day with freak waves, great fun until a big one rips the only pair of glasses you have with you ! :laugh:

Top Bottom