On the border -Tube size?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I would go 18-25.
A lighter tube, not quite as bulky when carrying a spare also easier to fit.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
And from my experience, avoid Continental tubes with their flying valve cores!
I had that last week with a Schwalbe inner tube when I went to 'top-up the tyre I unscrewed the valve cap and the valve came out with it and the tyre/tube with @ 60psi or so in it fired the valve and cap across the garden :eek: Luckily I found it after a bit of searching.

vickster

Legendary Member
I had that last week with a Schwalbe inner tube when I went to 'top-up the tyre I unscrewed the valve cap and the valve came out with it and the tyre/tube with @ 60psi or so in it fired the valve and cap across the garden :eek: Luckily I found it after a bit of searching.
I've not had it with Schwalbe which are currently my tube of choice along with Michelin

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've not had it with Schwalbe which are currently my tube of choice along with Michelin
I think it's any tube with 2 part valve stems (4 parts for the really pedantic) are at risk of it happening, luckily I carry a round 'spoke key' thingy and one of them fits the core to tighten it back down...............................as long as you can find the bit that went and psssst off into the wide blue yonder :cursing:

Top Bottom