On your BBQ tonight is....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

Scallop and Chorizo kebab to start.

Rib eye steak with skewered new spuds and salad (leaves from the garden)

Coconut panna cotta.

A bottle of Rioja.

darkstar

Thats a bloody fancy BBQ! I've just got back from playing cricket, had a bbq on the go with burgers, hot dogs etc :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
The Velvet Curtain said:

Lettuce, or privet?:biggrin:

No bbq for me, I think it would be a bit risky on the windowsill. I'll be having chilli con carne.

OP
OP
T

TVC

Arch said:
Lettuce, or privet?:biggrin:

No bbq for me, I think it would be a bit risky on the windowsill. I'll be having chilli con carne.

Lettuce, we planted a packet of those 'cut and come again' mixed leaves that wafflycat recommended, very good.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
nosherduke996 said:
On my bbq at the moment is my cat called Borris. He is fast asleep on top of it and i think that he is about to get a rude awakening.
Yumm....I can smell that smoked cat's rib as I type.:blush:

OP
OP
T

TVC

lifeson said:
On our chimenea we have scallops with prawns for me, lamb chops an shish kebabs for Mrs L
Some corriander lime fish and chilli mackerel fillets
Followed by pineapple and melon with lemon sorbet

Oh yes! that's gonna hit the spot. Mrs VC is just doing the coffees, the bbq was loverly. I'm a bit pished now, so time to log off, drink a cappuccino, crack open another bottle and wait for the Pet Shop Boys to come on the telly.

Night Night.

atbman

Veteran
I've always been puzzled by this peculiar habit of, as son as it gets really hot weather, people gather round an open fire and cook on it.

Bayerd

Über Member
The Velvet Curtain said:
Scallop and Chorizo kebab to start.

Coconut panna cotta.

A bottle of Rioja.

I can't imagine that a bottle of Rioja will be that great after being on the barbie, personally I think it's best at about 15 degrees C.....

This evening it was tandori chicken and turkey kebabs with naan bread and a couple of salads (which didn't go on the barbie).

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
atbman said:
I've always been puzzled by this peculiar habit of, as son as it gets really hot weather, people gather round an open fire and cook on it.

Means the house doesn't get as hot, and for me in particular - means Mr Summerdays is cooking:biggrin: Didn't have one last night as there was no food in the house but going shopping today to get supplies for one tonight hopefully.

Top Bottom