One for Arch!

Keith Oates

Janner
But, but Arch's elephant is outside washing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

longers

Veteran
Bought it for a penny - free postage too as I was buying a book for me Mum.

I'll send you it Davyo. Let me know your address eh?

p.s. The Tim Moore book is excellent! :eek:

slow down

Rhythm Thief said:
longers said:
p.s. The Tim Moore book is excellent! :eek:
Not "French Revolutions" by any chance? I'm in the middle or reading it for about the fourth time. Still makes me laugh out loud.
Have to agree - my wife banned me from reading it in bed. My constant chuckling kept her awake. Well recommended reading. :blush:

longers

Veteran
Not read it halfway yet but this made me laugh on the train today

"No ordinary kilometres these, though: as with all detours these were special "shag-battered bollock sodding" kilometres, which may only be tackled in a temper so foul that it is common to find oneself insulting adjacent livestock."

Been there :eek: :blush:

It's good to have livestock to talk to while cycling, if there's no-one else - stops you going dafter.

OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

Just passin' through
longers said:
Bought it for a penny - free postage too as I was buying a book for me Mum.

I'll send you it Davyo. Let me know your address eh?

p.s. The Tim Moore book is excellent! :blush:
longers!
Glad you're chuckling out loud and hopefully looking like a demented fool as I was. :eek:
If you've got any cycling-related books going, I'd be more interested in those. I have over 50 titles of non-cycling books I want to read before December (slim chance), but am in short supply of bike books, which only take a few days to get through.
Thanks. And what's your email address again?

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Daft sign I saw in the Florida everglades - "Please do not feed the alligators". No chance there - I'm well attached to all my limbs and want it to stay that way.

Then there is the "Please do not shoot at this sign" sign :eek:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Someone I know bought a pair of those 'croc' type clogs from TKMaxx and there was a slip of paper in the box saying "Do Not Eat"....

A variation on eating one's hat perhaps...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Commuting 7
jay clock Commuting 3
Top Bottom