one for the boys only

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

After reading all the replies, I'd forgotten what the original question was.

Anyways, which "side" of the saddle?? Ye gods man, what you got down there? No pictures please. It best Tom Boonen style, the old fella points north.

With the temperatures today, I sadly find the issue irrelevant.

OP
OP
P

peanut

mmmmmmmm some interesting answers :ohmy:

I think the bit of the anatomy I am referring to is the bit that tends to go numb. Its kinda at the base of your important bits . There seems to be a bit of cartilage ? it isn't happy unless it sits one side or the other of my saddle.
I think this is why Tri saddles have additional padding on the nose of the saddle.

I believe the relieving cutouts in the centre of Fizik and other recent saddle designs are cut too far back. I believe they have been designed with the rider sitting too upright like a commuter position.

yello

peanut said:
Its kinda at the base of your important bits . There seems to be a bit of cartilage ? it isn't happy unless it sits one side or the other of my saddle..

I just can't picture that, if you know what I mean. To get that bit one side of the saddle or the other, you'd be hanging off the bike wouldn't you? Like a motorcycle racer??

I have what I sometimes refer to as a seam there... perhaps that's what you mean by cartilage. That has gotten irritated and a little swollen in the past but it was a one off occurrence and I have no idea what caused it. I have a cut-away saddle on my distance bikes, maybe that helps, I don't know. I also get out of the saddle periodically specifically to avoid numbness.

But I'd be intrigued to know what you mean!

yenrod

smpkbsz2.jpg

buggi

Bird Saviour
try testicle tucking... (yes, as soon as i read for the boys only i couldn't help but come into the thread to find out what you were talking about)

It's your perineum (the seam between your willy and your knackersack) wots getting a bashing and that affects blood supply to the rest of yer bits. I get a numb tip occasionally (pins and needles in your willy, not so grete akshually) but getting off the saddle every now and then, plus having a good saddle (Brooks, natch) helps enormously. Which side you put your nob isn't the issue.

yenrod

buggi said:
try testicle tucking... (yes, as soon as i read for the boys only i couldn't help but come into the thread to find out what you were talking about)

How a woman can say that is beyond me...

Batzman

What I like to do is tilt the front of the saddle down... that has solved all of the numbness and pain issues for me.

Top Bottom