One for the Domestic Gods/Goddesses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I've had this issue recently. Sometimes when I put white clothes in the wash, they come out green.

I've just washed white underwear. All have came out vomit coloured green. Only whites, no other colours were caught in the laundry.

Any ideas what's going on? This is the third time it's happened and I've had to chuck out the underwear. Last twice, it was white towels, that I had to throw too.

Thanks. :okay:

I've had this issue recently. Sometimes when I put white clothes in the wash, they come out green.

I've just washed white underwear. All have came out vomit coloured green. Only whites, no other colours were caught in the laundry.

Any ideas what's going on? This is the third time it's happened and I've had to chuck out the underwear. Last twice, it was white towels, that I had to throw too.

Thanks. :okay:
I wouldn't have thrown the stuff out!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Wonder if this is related to poor pumping out and whatever was washed in the previous run?

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Firstly I'd check all the parts of the machine you can access, possibly a green sock stuck somewhere? Secondly I'd check the powder tray, take it out and (if gunky) clean it thoroughly, and clean as much into the inside as you can. Then I'd run some washing machine cleaner (Morrison's sell Dr Beckett's I think it's called) on a hot wash, or follow the instructions on the cleaniner. It could possibly be the oxidised copper deposits from your pipes? If you know how to, turn off the water and disconnect the pipes that feed the washing machine, and check for any green gungy residue. Have a bucket and towels handy.

Top Bottom