One for the panel: Zeus 2000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A mate wants rid - he's leaving Dodge - of a bit of a mongrel built around a sound but shabby Zeus 2000 frame with m/g eyes and above BB shell cable guide braze-ons. No decals but guessing 531? Simplex f + r mechs, plaggy no good d/t levers, Stronglight 100LX(?) triple chainset, Rigida on Sachs front and Joytech 6spd freewheel rear hubs. Venerable Campag two bolt seat post. Sacco dual pivots. Ghastly front end: flat bar conversion with chunky new Decathlon stem and shoddy brake levers.
But it goes.
I offered to relieve him of it - for the wheels mostly, at @55cms it's a bit big - for a few bob, but subsequently found a shabby Zeus 2000 f+f advertised somewhere on the net for £250, and Sheldon opining that these bikes are very cool and very rare and worth $750 restored which has given him pause for thought.
So what does the panel think he might get for it as a restoration project for some retro enthusiast?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
pictures please

OP
OP
qigong chimp
Didn't have my mobile when i called round on my way home from work to make notes. I'll get some at some point, meanwhile any thoughts on the strength of my exhaustive description?

midlife

Guru
I came across a few back in the 1970's at shows and from reps. Aside from the nice fork crown they were just run of the mill. I guess the price depends on whether someone is looking for one ....

Shaun

OP
OP
qigong chimp

Top Bottom