One for you lawyers/solicitors out there

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mac66

The landlord of the site where I work provides cycle parking in the form of "wheelbender racks".;)

If I bring this issue to the attention of the landlord and subsequently my wheel gets bent, does the landlord bear any liability for the damage, on the grounds of contributory negligence?

Cheers

gavintc

Guru
Seems like a personal problem to me. You have identified the weakness in your wheels using these racks which have been designed for the purpose. IMO, the landlord cannot be held liable. I have no legal training, just offering an opinion.

domtyler

Über Member
Definitely got a case by the sounds of it. Take the bastard to the European Court of Human Rights.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
As in judges asking stuff fundamental to the case, like "what is the internet?" etc... (anyone seen my coat?)

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Wheelbender stands are the ones that have a small post with a V shaped type of slot that the front or back wheel goes into. If the bike moves in the stand the wheel takes all the force and bingo, a bent wheel.

Paulus said:
Wheelbender stands are the ones that have a small post with a V shaped type of slot that the front or back wheel goes into. If the bike moves in the stand the wheel takes all the force and bingo, a bent wheel.

ah yes, i know which ones you mean now.

fnaar xx(

:biggrin:

Mac66 said:
The landlord of the site where I work provides cycle parking in the form of "wheelbender racks".:biggrin:

If I bring this issue to the attention of the landlord and subsequently my wheel gets bent, does the landlord bear any liability for the damage, on the grounds of contributory negligence?

Cheers

No.

That'll be £500 plus VAT. xx(

classic33

Leg End Member
Mac66 said:
The landlord of the site where I work provides cycle parking in the form of "wheelbender racks".;)

Cheers

I'd have said your to blame. If you're using something that you know could damage the bike.Thats like parking a car in a parking space & blaming the landord for it being damaged.

Opt out may be if its provided & has to be used, with no other means of keeping it safe available or allowed.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Is it just my experience but don't bikes* in Britain have kick stands? and, if not, why not?

* Ordinary run-of-the-mill bikes

Top Bottom