one more time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gotgone

I am 72 yrs old. 165lbs 5ft 9in tall. Have been wanting to buy a new Trek hybrid bike. I am interested in the FX and DS series. My local bike shop says it will be least November or early December before i can get one. I have been searching Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace for several weeks. I found a Trek Shift 2 yesterday. I have seen pics and talked to the owners daughter and son in law. The bike has less than 50 miles on it. The owner is 5ft 11in tall with a large gut. My concern is it is an 18 inch frame. That makes it a medium in size. I contacted Trek technical earlier. I am at the high side of medium and the low side of large frames. I am 2 hrs away from the bike. Driving there tomorrow to try it out. Do you folks have any thoughts on the purchase? Price is $425. Seems a little high according to bike bluebook. Thanks for any advice.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Sounds like it could be okay for you size wise. Most hybrids have a sloping top tube so you should be okay in the Victor Silvester department.
Unfortunately prices have gone a bit silly so it’s a case of pay up or wait. If it’s almost new it will still be a good buy and a perfect bike to get started on.
Good luck.

OP
OP
G

gotgone

Thanks for your advice, I will be checking it out this afternoon. The the stand over measurement was 26 in according to the daughter. I have a 32 in inseam so plenty there .

Top Bottom