One of those days...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pete

...sorry everyone. Chain broke on the way to work. It was my fault, took it off for cleaning yesterday, couldn't shift the quick-link so used the old rivet tool. Must have put it together wrong, didn't drive the rivet back in properly. :sad:

At same time found my large ring is now so badly worn and 'hooked' that chain barely sits on it. New ring or probably new chainset needed. :sad:

And, also yesterday, trying to fix son's bike front mech. Totally and utterly seized up, couldn't budge it even after prolonged soak in solvent. Doesn't look bent but it may have been (bike has been in crash). Put chain back on without mech., told him he's stuck on the big ring till we can get a replacement. If he gets to a hill that's his problem :angry:.

And on the second attempt at today's commute, (after walking home and swapping for shopping bike), said a polite 'excuse me' and carefully passed a dozy fat old bint pedestrian on the bridle path. She muttered back as I passed "you shouldn't be cycling on here". I was on the bridle path FFS! I didn't shout at her but I took it out on other people I passed on the way to work.

And, arriving late to work, I discover that a specification document from which I - and a colleague - have been working for weeks, has been totally re-written by others, without my knowledge until today, making a lot of design work which we have been in the process of, totally invalid. Back to start. Project targets and deadlines? Ugggghhhh! Fired off a very shirty E-mail to my boss, and my boss's boss. Not exactly flaming, but angry. Should I have? Today I really don't give a sh!t. :angry::angry::angry:;)

* Hands Pete a calming cup of tea *

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Sympathies to Pete.
Beanz, your avatar really disconcerts me. I know it's a photo of your (someone's) legs/feet from above, but it always looks to me like a medical photo of someone who's spilt hot water on their manhood, and is receiving burns treatment. One of those figure/ground things... ;):angry::angry:

Fnaar said:
Sympathies to Pete.
Beanz, your avatar really disconcerts me. I know it's a photo of your (someone's) legs/feet from above, but it always looks to me like a medical photo of someone who's spilt hot water on their manhood, and is receiving burns treatment. One of those figure/ground things... :angry::angry::sad:

:angry:

It's meant to be a photo of my mucky feet after doing the High Peak trail last year. The leaf was just passing by and did not receive a fee for appearing. ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Fnaar said:
Sympathies to Pete.
Beanz, your avatar really disconcerts me. I know it's a photo of your (someone's) legs/feet from above, but it always looks to me like a medical photo of someone who's spilt hot water on their manhood, and is receiving burns treatment. One of those figure/ground things... ;):angry::angry:

Oh, thanks Fnaar, I'd always just seen it as feet. Until now.

tdr1nka said:
Is it a fig leaf?

Heck if I know - it wasn't a speaking part...

Top Bottom