One pint

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Last night, after doing various things, I went out to the pub for a drink or two at 10ish
I worked my way through a couple of bars on the high street before ending up in the final one just in time for last orders (it seemed to be 1.00 it closed). It is also a pub I rarely go into.

Anyway, I ordered my pint and sat down, only to be accosted by a rather elderly dog, so I patted it and so on before it went on its way to the next table.
Just after that, I got chatting to a woman and all seemed to be going well, but she seemed to be with someone else, so it only went so far before she went to speak with them.

Me being a dog person, I found out who the owner was and went over to see the dog properly, and quickly found out that he (the dog) was a rather vocal dog so would make odd noises all the time, but also he had various growths/sore bits and I seemed to touch one at one point, causing the dog to try and bite me.
Sorry!
Just then, I got into trouble from the bar that I shouldn't touch the dog (even though it wasn't their dog and the owner realised what had just happened) and drink up (it was last drinks anyway, so it wasn't an issue!).

Just then, the woman came back and started chatting me up, rapidly culminating in her giving me her number (the jist being, 'instead of stroking the dog, stroke me!')...... Which her man, who had stayed quiet about up until now suddenly took issue with, not with me, but with her.

I drank up and left the two of them arguing and trying to make up.

So, in the duration of one pint, I almost got bitten by a dog, I was asked to leave, and I caused a relationship to go sour.

Maybe I should go in there a lot more often, it could get rather entertaining!! :laugh:

Last edited:

Slioch

Guru
Yehbut..........you have a phone number and an expression of interest. I'd say you've had a very successful evening. Was she a looker and will you follow up, not that I'm nosey or anything.....:laugh:

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Yehbut..........you have a phone number and an expression of interest. I'd say you've had a very successful evening. Was she a looker and will you follow up, not that I'm nosey or anything.....:laugh:

It certainly helps the old ego when things like that happen I must admit!

As for her, she was rather bouncy looking, but in a nice way, and, well, following it up (out of curiosity if anything) - It seemed like it would just a load of trouble though so probably not worth it (nothing like stating the obvious).

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
You mean well ridden and comfortable, but needs a bit more air in the tyres and a good squirt of GT85 on the rusty chain?

The less said about pumping and squirting the better!! :laugh:

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Apart from the pub in our village which is full of ruddy faced gentlemen wearing worn tweed and toting pitchforks, I steer clear of pubs. All the little kiddies who've had a few wine gums want to fight the biggest feller, and its tiresome.

Oddly enough, I was once in a bar and almost got into a fight with a pensioner! :eek:

Oh and no, I wouldn't have hit them

Drago

Legendary Member
Theyre f****** idiots. Whether in a pub or on the road I cringe when people get into confrontation. It's unnecessary, and can end very badly, so why bother? I guess they like to look hard, but that's difficult to pull off when you're in traction.

Top Bottom