One up on my work mates!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vbc

Earlier this week one of our colleagues popped into the office to let us know that she's leaving and heading back home to Finland. Sad to see her go but that's life and as we're both married and she's 15 years younger than me.....oh well, in my dreams.

Anyway, after a few hearty 'fair thee wells' she went around the office and shook everyone's hand leaving me until last, then she shook my hand and put her arms around me to give me a hug!

Don't know what I'd done to deserve that but I got some stick from the guys after she'd left the office. So thank you Johanna for putting a smirk on the face of this old(er) man. ;)

stevenb

I tend to attract the older women. :sad:....me likey too.
There is a stunning lady at work....works on teh top floor.....boy...I'd love to get stuck in the lift with her ;)

Pete

It seems an awful long time since I got a kiss from a colleague*. People are too cold and conventional and stiff-upper-lipped in the typical British workplace it seems. But it has happened - in the past. I used to get a peck - each year just before Xmas - from a very nice lady draughtsman we used to have. (*looks round nervously to check missus isn't watching me typing*) Makes one feel good about people.

*female, that is. I don't 'do' kisses from blokes....

OP
OP
V

vbc

Forgot to mention that I went over to her office to attend her leaving presentation. Her boss makes a little speech, a few jokes and hands over the gifts and card.

I'd got a card for the guys in my office to sign and had taken the trouble to get an internet Finnish translation of "best wishes for the future". Johanna was very impressed with my Finnish, although the syntax prompted a delightful Scandinavian giggle...and resulted in another hug!

I'm on a roll.

Dave5N

Über Member
At least then you'd get access rights under scandanavian law.

Top Bottom