One week/10 day tour suggestion for August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
I have possible week off in mid August (could make it 10 day). Won;t bore you as to why it has to be then, but it does

I live in Southampton to easy access to ferries. Very happy to fly out one way from any airport in the south but would prefer not to fly back due to hassle of getting bike on plane

I am 95% certain I do not want to tour in the UK. Tried it and not for me.

I have done the full length of western France twice already in both directions so probably somewhere different

previous rides at www.jmhr.com

Will camp and mostly eat out....

Open to ideas!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Do an @ianrauk fly to Geneva and ride home?

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
I did a non cycling trip round Iceland last year and it was simply stunning but for the bike it needs 3 weeks

I like the Geneva idea

Geneva to home - I wouldnt have thought it would be that exciting (I have done it going the other way - but was it part of the warm up - to Roscoff via Nice) - the Jura is brilliant but doesn't last long

What about Gibraltar to Santander?

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Geneva to home - I wouldnt have thought it would be that exciting (I have done it going the other way - but was it part of the warm up - to Roscoff via Nice) - the Jura is brilliant but doesn't last long

What about Gibraltar to Santander?
Too hot! August in southern Spain 35+

Copenhagen to Hoek - cooler but 10 on a boredom scale :smile:

Sardinia - have to fly both ways but you could do a loop and your bike box would be waiting for you your return - whoops would probably be too hot ^_^- ditto Corsica :sad:

Re. flying home; We're flying back from Alicante in August (Flybe to Southampton), no packing required just turn pedals, remove front wheel and attach to bike. They don't guarantee to put your bike on the flight (even though they charge 40 euro) but it doesn't matter if it comes a day or two later if you live near the airport.
Bear in mind that if you do Geneva to a Normandy port you're likely to have a head wind for the last couple of hundred miles, hence why I'd suggest going in the other direction.

Top Bottom