One wobble from death

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigCam

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Equally, if you have got your own cycle, you have got to abide by the rules of the road and you have got to think about your own safety.

Just wondering, has anybody seen any indication that these deaths were the result of illegal road behaviour by the cyclists? Or is Hooligan-Howl prejudging - and possibly prejudicing - the cyclists' families' chance of fair treatment before the law?

Meanwhile, I'll rephrase his quote:
''Equally, if you are on a bike, you have first got to think about your own safety over and above the rules of the road, and only follow the rules of the road when doing so will not put you in danger.''

50000tears

Best advice I have heard regarding cycling is to always assume that any car, lorry etc has not seen you and take as much responsibility as you can for your own safety. Whenever I see I vehicle in a place where it could pull out on me, I just assume that it will do so until I see the whites of the driver's eyes and know I have been seen.

Sadly many of these deaths are unavoidable from the cyclists standpoint. Just wrong place at the wrong time. There but for the grace of God and all that .....

Top Bottom