online bike shops other than Wiggle/CRC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garz

Squat Member

P.H

Über Member
Good for what?  I tend to use different shops for different stuff

Road - Ribble and Parkers

Touring - Spa Cycles, Bike Plus and SJS

MTB - Merlin and CRC

Also some of the Ebay shops are cheaper and offer equally good service as the best, High on Bikes and Charlie the Bike Monger are two good ones.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Also some of the Ebay shops are cheaper and offer equally good service as the best, High on Bikes and Charlie the Bike Monger are two good ones.

And the rather unusually named "Wooly Hat Shop" is good for MTB bits.

MJN

I'd second Evans too. Ticks all the boxes in my book - good range, great customer service, good prices (plus no-quibble price match), free (and fast) delivery and a workable site (search function not the best though).

Having been away from cycling for a number of years I thought I'd give all the usual suspects a go to see who would be my 'online supplier of choice'. I've been ordering from Tredz, Chain Reaction, Wiggle, Parker International and Evans.

To be fair, they've all been good and fairly comparable. Notable highlight/lowlights that spring to mind are:

Tredz: Low: Some items were not in stock but the lack of stock info on the site hides this and the out-of-stock emails were rather delayed.
Chain Reaction: High: Huge range.
Wiggle: High: Lots of reviews, free energy supplement with the orders!
Parker: High: Good for a few 'rarer' items.
Evans: High: Quickest delivery, good customer service, local store near where I live!

My sample size is limited given I've only done a few orders from each, but all in all I've decided I'm going to aim for using Evans the most, however the local store aspect plays a major role here as it's obviously very convenient for returns.

Mathew

Not used personally but brilliantbikes.co.uk are getting some good reviews from Brompton Talk lately, and it seems they are a friendly bunch who get back to your queries etc quickly and might get things in for you if not in stock.

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
SJS can be very useful, a company called High on Bikes is good for service too. Evans are top notch in my experience. Shame the independent high street sellers are fewer and are between, apart from Halfords down here we only have 3 others, mostly MTB biased though.

Top Bottom