Online deliveries ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Beginning to notice a trend perhaps, buy something online, delivery for tomorrow it states...and doesnt turn up. Even items we have ordered via Amazo dont turn up on the day promised. It's like theyve all stopped even trying.
Anyone else notice this ?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Beginning to notice a trend perhaps, buy something online, delivery for tomorrow it states...and doesnt turn up. Even items we have ordered via Amazo dont turn up on the day promised. It's like theyve all stopped even trying.
Anyone else notice this ?
Quite common while the current Covid crisis is going on I think. Not sure of the exact reasons. Less staff having to be socially distanced, more safety precautions, etc. Most sites state delivery might be longer than usual just now.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Yeah Covid will have an impact but itd be interesting to see how these companies are actually operating behind closed doors. Despite measures at work for instance, it hasn't changed our staffing levels or output at all so it might not be relevent..rather an excuse.
Maybe, lifes full of maybes ?. I'm not upset by the situation btw, rather just disappointed, particually as items I've ordered have been quite specific about delivery times, only for them to vaporise once you've pressed the buy button.

Slick

Guru
My deliveries have been spot on during lockdown but I haven't ordered that much. Pre lockdown I got caught out with winter boots with a promised delivery of the same week which immediately went to sometime never as soon as I hit the buy button. The delivery drivers are holding up their end of the bargain, it's the suppliers that are causing the issues by advertising stock they don't actually have.

D

Deleted member 1258

My last Amazon delivery was early, I was told the 7th July and it arrived on the 2nd july.

Jimidh

Veteran
Don’t think I’ve noticed anything different although some companies delivery times have been lengthened but they have been clear at the point of ordering.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I've had quite a lot from Argos and Amazon in the last few months and nearly all of it has been next day as promised. Only once on Amazon did it promise next day during the order, and then it changed to 2 days once I'd paid.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Our post's been all over the shop since this all kicked off, but things do seem to arrive in the end - weeks late in some cases, but eventually.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
maybe i'm lucky but all my recent purchases have arrived early... in order to avoid any chance of an AmazonPrime trial, I opted for the free 5 day delivery which turned up in two days and on a Sunday too. Ebay deliveries via RM or Yodel have all been a day early recently :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Deliveries all good here, Amazon etc. etc.

Returns, however.... sent a dead on arrival hard drive back to ebuyer over 2 weeks ago. Collect Plus still shows in transit, despite it being collected from the local shop where I dropped it off. Logged a complaint with ebuyer.

screenman

Legendary Member
I send out on average 5 packages a day, we have noticed a slow down by Royal Mail but our couriers are working fine and hard.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I was a keen online shopper even before CV19, but, since “the virus”, I have increased the level even more. Haven’t actually kept count, but, I would guess 99% of the time delivery spot on. Also, have noticed much more cooperation with couriers leaving parcel in “safe place”, particularly Hermes. ;)

Cycleops

Legendary Member
My last order from a U.K. supplier for bass bits arrived four days earlier than stated via DHL which is the fastest I’ve ever had anything from them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom