Online / Offline Marker Added

Shaun

Founder
I've added an overlay tab to the top left of everyone's avatar to show whether they are on or offline:

online-marker.PNG

NB: The system will show you as online up to 30 mins. after your last action; after 30 mins. with no action your status will change to offline.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

where's the "don't like" button?

Just found the "show online status" checkbox, so on the assumption that it takes that into account I will click "like" on the understanding that it can be retracted later if my assumption is not a good one

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Turn off your online status, logout (to reset your cookie and remove your account from the sessions table), then log back in again. Should sort it. :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm still seeing my online status even though I haven't checked the box. I've cleared my CC cookies and it still displays it to me (which is clearly redundant!) - can any of you see it? (I'll be here for at at least 20 minutes after I post this.)

Another thing - I normally set my browser to display a minimum font size of 13 because I find it easier on my eyes. The Online marker doesn't work properly that font setting. In fact it doesn't with 12 or 11 either. I have to reduce it 10 to see ...

with minimum font size > 10 I see
Onlin
e
In a double-height 'scroll' which looks terrible!

Why not just display a simpler, smaller graphic without any text?

I'm still seeing my online status even though I haven't checked the box. I've cleared my CC cookies and it still displays it to me (which is clearly redundant!) - can any of you see it?

I also see a marker on my own avatar but I do not see one on yours.

Do you see one on mine?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ah, okay - thanks. So it is doing what it should be which is to not tell you that I'm here, and it reassures me that I am here and feels free to do so despite the setting telling it not to because it realises that I already know!

Why not just display a simpler, smaller graphic without any text?
Or a graphic with embedded text so it doesn't get resized by the browser text size setting?

Top Bottom