Online-only estate agents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Any experience using one of them to sell a house or flat? On the face of it we'd save a lot of money, and the only difference between the all-in service of one well-known brand and the local offices appears to be that the online-only service doesn't print glossy leaflets for you.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I'm a bit sceptical. About 30 yeara ago I was trying to buy through one and after losing my purchase realised their angle was selling endowment mortgages to purchasers rather than selling houses to the best buyers. If they're not getting a "reasonable" fee (whatever figure that might be) then they'll be making money by another angle and / or unable to do the job properly and turn a profit.

Of course, it's still possible for full fee estate agents to be useless, and I've had that too but good estate agents have worked for their money and will hussle to get a good sale

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
If you are in no rush then give them a try. What have you got to lose?
The market is very slow at the moment with few houses coming on the market so a new property for sale should get interest if priced well.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
we used House simple a year ago, you have to do a bit more of the work yourself but well worth the effort, would not use an estate agent again.

Top Bottom