Online Prints?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Can anyone recommend an online supplier of prints from digital files please?

I've got a few photo's I would like to frame.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I've used photobox for lots and been very pleased with the service and the quality.

They'll send you a calibration print gratis too, so you can be sure what you see on your monitor will match the output.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Thanks, that was quick :thumbsup:.

Do they send the calibration print in advance of your order?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
longers said:
Do they send the calibration print in advance of your order?
Up to you longers - they used to, if you asked them to, as I recall. Have a look in the "help" bit of the site.

If you intend to use them, I can send you a referral if you like (means we both get 30 free 6x4 prints), just pm me the email you want it to go to.

Even without that, I'd still recommend them, way better than the other services I've used, and much more responsive when there are problems (not experienced any myself, but one of my friends did (gloss prints instead of matt, as I recall), and they had replacement prints sent to him immediately).

Edit: Here's the blurb on the calibration print;
Our calibration print shows some colour samples and typical photo content. You should normally receive a calibration print with your first photographic order from us. You can use the print to compare against your screen showing the same image. If you screen brightness and contrast are up too high then the screen image will appear too bright compared to the print. It gives you an opportunity to get your screen and our prints closer together.

If you didn't receive a calibration print or would like once in advance of your first order, please contact us specifying your postal address. We will then post one out free of charge.

Carwash

Señor Member
John the Monkey said:
I've used photobox for lots and been very pleased with the service and the quality.

They'll send you a calibration print gratis too, so you can be sure what you see on your monitor will match the output.

Seconded - photobox FTW.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Photobox for me too...

Although I notice my local post office (the big central one in York) has a machine which does prints for 10p each off a memory stick, the same price, but of course there's no postage, so it's better if you only want a few prints at a time. Anyone used one of these machines, are they any good? (With apologies to longers for hijacking the thread, but he's got his answer...:biggrin:)

Speicher

Vice Admiral
red_tom said:
If you are looking to put them on canvas then a friend of mine runs this place.

http://www.point101.com/

Very good quality stuff.

That's an understatement Mr Red Tom. He has also made the site easy to use. it's a good thing I have got a birthday coming up to try and choose a photo from all those. :biggrin:

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Thanks for the suggestion, just been and ordered a few photo's.

They've got an offer on, a photo mug for £5, so I ordered one of them too ;).

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Yeah, I know it's dear for a cup but how many of those Tesco's ones had pictures of my bike on?

16m7u9z.jpg

Top Bottom