Only 12 miles to go

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Last year was the first time I've ever kept a record for the whole year of miles covered, cycling, and I did 1,180 (not much by some standards :sad: but there are times as a busy dad/busy job when I simply can't get out and about)... so this year I thought well, target 1, beat last year, target 2, 100 a month... managed to get out more frequently so far this year, and now only 12 miles to go till I beat last year, and it's only June... this makes me a happy bunny, and all being well I shall beat that by 10.30 am tomorrow... :smile:
How are YOU doing with your target (if you're anal enough to have one :biggrin:)

At the moment my aims are VERY modest - to record at least ONE ride every month. NO MILEAGE TARGETS. Just to get out there on a bike.

simonali

Guru
My aim is just to get fitter if I can. I've developed asthma over the last few years and only have a 3.5 litre lung capacity. This means I end up walking up long climbs, or stopping to catch my breath, which breaks my cyclist's heart. :biggrin: I used to be good at hills. <sniff!>

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Aim to do over 400 a month - so far OK - upped the daily commute miles from 15 to 22 (sometimes 30) then a few long runs at weekends. I'm not a big distance rider - usually do up to about 60 maximum, but I usually flog myself to death doing it..... these sportives scare me..... 100 miles - I know I can do it, but I'll be the idiot that does 60 miles in 3 hours and the remaining 40 in another 4 hours......

When I raced I mainly did TT's 10, 25 and a few 50's - could do a 50 in 2h 4mins on a sporting course....so never had any real need for long distances.... as a club we would cover 60-75 miles mostly, all at a high speed...the worse was 115 miles in 5 hours 30 mins....... crawled the last 10 miles home - literally........

Going good this year, mainly because I commute by bike every day - that's the way to do it......

longers

Legendary Member
This is the first year of keeping records for me (cyclogs) - I'm doing all right for the figure I've got in mind for the end of the year.

I have done another of my targets for this year though. I've done camping trips by bike.
Very chuffed with that :biggrin:.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
User1314 said:
I have three aims.

To date I am on target to complete about 5,100 miles via commuting. Done about 2,500 so far. (28 miles per day, round journey). On my hybrid.

But that is not in my aims (the commute is a "stock" given).

My aims are to complete a 50 miler, a hundred miler and a night ride. On my fixed, which I only bought a month or so ago.

I've only ridden it 3 times (on Sunday ams) and have only done 37 miles in one go.

If I do those 3 targets this year I'll be well happy.

EDIT: Cancel the 100 miler. Other two are deffo targets.

Surely you'll slaughter a 50 miler on 28 miles per day? Night rides are great fun :biggrin: or is that club night ride or something?

frog

Brilliantly done Fnaar! :wacko: It's always nice to have these milestones of personal excellance. Given your commitments elsewhere you've done magnificently!

I'm learning that the hard way having had years of 'normal life'. Personal illness earlier in the year and now I've got Jean recovering from her hip resurfacing (5 weeks ago) really eat into your time on the bike. The only bit of aluminuium tubing I seem to get between my legs most days are when she prods me with her National Health walking stick :wacko:

As the saying goes: If you want to make God laugh - tell him your plans :biggrin:

yenrod

Fnaar said:
Last year was the first time I've ever kept a record for the whole year of miles covered, cycling, and I did 1,180 (not much by some standards :wacko: but there are times as a busy dad/busy job when I simply can't get out and about)... so this year I thought well, target 1, beat last year, target 2, 100 a month... managed to get out more frequently so far this year, and now only 12 miles to go till I beat last year, and it's only June... this makes me a happy bunny, and all being well I shall beat that by 10.30 am tomorrow... :smile:
How are YOU doing with your target (if you're anal enough to have one :biggrin:)

So your going for 3k this year then :wacko:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I want to increase the distance I can do in one go, with an eventual aim of doing the whole run back from work (35ish miles) and making a trip to Shrewsbury and back (60+ miles)

I did my first 20 and 25s recently, and a 30 miler the week before last. Trying to take things gradually though.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
John you'll do the route back from work no problem now...as a daily commuter that is doing 20 miles a day easily..... just pick the good weather to do it !

simonali said:
My aim is just to get fitter if I can. I've developed asthma over the last few years and only have a 3.5 litre lung capacity. This means I end up walking up long climbs, or stopping to catch my breath, which breaks my cyclist's heart. :evil: I used to be good at hills. <sniff!>

Ditto on the asthma but with me it's the small airways, lung capacities OK. It's all related to my sinuses which have now kept me off the bike for the last 6 weeks, so targets have gone bye, bye for now 'til I have things under control. Hoping to get bcak on the bike next week and at least do a couple of weeks before we go on holiday.

Crackle said:
Ditto on the asthma but with me it's the small airways, lung capacities OK. It's all related to my sinuses which have now kept me off the bike for the last 6 weeks, so targets have gone bye, bye for now 'til I have things under control. Hoping to get bcak on the bike next week and at least do a couple of weeks before we go on holiday.

Flipping heck - it seems to be the year for Asthma...me too...., although strangely enough it doesn't seem to affect me much on the bike (touch giant log), despite my last peak flow reading being rather appaling! :evil:

Top Bottom