Only a number

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I became 79 on Feb 2.

I always rode the distance of my age up to turning 70.I’m not even considering attempting 79 miles in one go Perhaps I should attempt 79 Kilometres.Think I could just about manage that.

Well I do hope you will be riding a 100 miler on your 100th birthday.

When I said I was going to invite all my pals on my 100 miler on my 100th I asked my daughter would she join me. She said "No Dad, but I'll bake the cakes".

You lot are all invited BTW. 🎂

pawl

Legendary Member
Well I do hope you will be riding a 100 miler on your 100th birthday.

When I said I was going to invite all my pals on my 100 miler on my 100th I asked my daughter would she join me. She said "No Dad, but I'll bake the cakes".

You lot are all invited BTW. 🎂

Only if you will be on the front of the tandem and the cake is a nice rich fruit cake😀😀😀

OP
OP
Sharky

Sharky

Guru
I became 79 on Feb 2.

I always rode the distance of my age up to turning 70.I’m not even considering attempting 79 miles in one go Perhaps I should attempt 79 Kilometres.Think I could just about manage that.
2nd Feb - isn't that Groundhog Day?
If it's like the film, you'll have plenty of time to ride 79 miles.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Happy birthday from one who was 70 this week.One of my cards read seen it all done it all,just can't remember it all.
This is what I got for my 60th!

OP
OP
Sharky

Sharky

Guru
And one of the girls gave me a cake!

Looks like me in my Gravesend kit.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Without being too downbeat (hopefully) I think being/getting old is a PITA - your lifespan has been whittled down a fair bit by the time you hit your 60's and it's not too hard to read the signs that, however fit you are relatively speaking, you are wearing out. I find it depressing but do not obsess over it and I do try very hard to embrace the natural flow of a human's lifespan.

Nonetheless, I do think on occasion that I'm married to the love of my life, we have a terrific comfortable lifestyle and are more fortunate, in some respects, than many of similar ages to the two of us (63 & 56) - but I can't get over the fact that with a fair following wind I only have what? 15-20 years left. :ohmy:

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Without being too downbeat (hopefully) I think being/getting old is a PITA - your lifespan has been whittled down a fair bit by the time you hit your 60's and it's not too hard to read the signs that, however fit you are relatively speaking, you are wearing out. I find it depressing but do not obsess over it and I do try very hard to embrace the natural flow of a human's lifespan.

Nonetheless, I do think on occasion that I'm married to the love of my life, we have a terrific comfortable lifestyle and are more fortunate, in some respects, than many of similar ages to the two of us (63 & 56) - but I can't get over the fact that with a fair following wind I only have what? 15-20 years left. :ohmy:
Its being so cheerful that keeps you going, eh Spokey? ^_^

Top Bottom