Only in America?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
FFS... What I find even more worrying is that his Nephew went along with it too!

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
It's just a matter of time... Darwin must be having a chuckle.
I seem to recall a case about 10 years ago when a 14 y o boy was shot by the police. The boy was 'shooting' at passers-by through an open bedroom window with a toy gun. The boy ignored several warnings from the police and carried on 'shooting'; police opened fire and the boy was fatally injured. There was a good reason why the boy failed to heed wanings - he was profoundly deaf!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I'd've thought seeing 20 armed policemen pointing guns at you might make you think it's a good time to back away from the window...

Brains

Legendary Member
A decade or two back when they were running the "secret" nuclear trains between Sellafield and Dungeness nuclear power stations via Lewisham in London (which has a local bylaw banning nuclear transport) a load of activists arrived on the station with a load of lengths of drain pipe resembling anti-tank weapons, they then filmed themselves "blowing up" the train loaded with nuclear flasks.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I seem to recall a case about 10 years ago when a 14 y o boy was shot by the police. The boy was 'shooting' at passers-by through an open bedroom window with a toy gun. The boy ignored several warnings from the police and carried on 'shooting'; police opened fire and the boy was fatally injured. There was a good reason why the boy failed to heed wanings - he was profoundly deaf!

That sort of thing happened during the war, with the Home Guard, apparently. Once they actually got guns, they were quite dangerous.

Linford

My brother did this when somone lonaed him a Gat gun when we were staying in a hotel in the town centre when he was 15. He shot an old lady with it in her behind when she was walking across the street, and the police came and arrested him. He ended up in Borstal for that.

I wouldn't have missed him if they had shot him. He is a ttoal peanut and a waste of air....

Brains

Legendary Member
That's funny, I always thought it was general knowledge.
It was general knowledge, it was however illegal as both Lewisham and the GLC had declared their areas Nuclear Free.

there was speculation on how exactly you arrest a train.

Some years later Mark Thomas did a great program where he turned up at Dunginess with a load of Army reenactment people with a tank, armoured cars, people in radiation suits and they then 'protected' the flasks being loaded.

If the Iranians ( or the local shop lifter ) had wanted a couple of tonnes of processed nuclear fuel then it was available to anyone who could drive away with the stuff.

beastie

Guru

If he was 14 and pointing a 'gun' at armed police then he was profoundly stupid........

Top Bottom