Only post in some forums?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gaspode

Hi,

I've recently seen an item in the classifieds that I'm interested in purchasing - I have sent a PM to the advertiser, but I also wanted to reply to the thread to state that I was interested - I don't seem able to do this as the thread (and all other classified threads) is listed as 'locked' - is this deliberate or a side-efect of the new software? - I used to be able to post in the classifieds and I am able to post in other forums.....I know that other sites sometimes demand a minimum number of posts before opening up all the facilities, but despite reading the help guides etc, I can't find anything in CycleChat that states this...

Shaun

Founder
There is a minimum post limit for the "For Sale" forum.

Previously you could reply if you were under the limit as it only applied to posting new topics, however the new software works differently and requires all posters to have the minimum post count before being allowed to respond.

I'm not looking for a solution to this as I'm hoping to replace the Classifieds forums with a proper classified's application in the future, so for now just enjoy the rest of the forums and you'll soon be able to access For Sale.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
Gaspode

Gaspode

Thanks for the quick update - I was only looking to reply to help out other posters who may have been interested in the same item so it's not the end of the world - I'll have to get more active in the other forums.....

There is a minimum post limit for the "For Sale" forum.

Previously you could reply if you were under the limit as it only applied to posting new topics, however the new software works differently and requires all posters to have the minimum post count before being allowed to respond.

I'm not looking for a solution to this as I'm hoping to replace the Classifieds forums with a proper classified's application in the future, so for now just enjoy the rest of the forums and you'll soon be able to access For Sale.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom