Ooh its back up!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
you're posting a mongoose to chuffy? :ohmy: :evil: :blush: :thumbsdown:
what, a live or dead one?

Well, it's not alive. But it's not really dead either. It's knitted.

Sam, it's just sorting out a load of old bones. Seems perfectly normal to me!:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
punkypossum said:
Is chuffy's mongoose as good as my ferret?

Modesty forbids me to say. I think it's a fine mongoose, although the colour was a bit constrained by the shades of brown available. Perhaps when Chuffy gets it, you can both post photos and decide...

Saw a great knitted elephant glove puppet at the weekend, it was worked so that you could put a finger in the trunk to wave it about. Might try and make one of them to amuse/terrify Oliver...

Arch said:
Modesty forbids me to say. I think it's a fine mongoose, although the colour was a bit constrained by the shades of brown available. Perhaps when Chuffy gets it, you can both post photos and decide...

Saw a great knitted elephant glove puppet at the weekend, it was worked so that you could put a finger in the trunk to wave it about. Might try and make one of them to amuse/terrify Oliver...

Oooh! Baby TI would LOVE one of those in a few months (or be terrified). If you take commissions, Arch, PM me with details and I'd love to get one.

SamNichols

Arch said:
Well, it's not alive. But it's not really dead either. It's knitted.

Sam, it's just sorting out a load of old bones. Seems perfectly normal to me!:evil:

Are you sure you're not a taxidermist, who pretends to be an archaeologist? Do you then date these bones or anything? Or just sort them into neat piles?

How on Earth do I get one of these knitted animals? If there's a club then I want in (that's pretty much my whole problem in life, I always want to be in the club. Except if it's a club for being a BNP member or something - then I don't want in really. I am more selective than that).

Tetedelacourse

Arch said:

Paging Fnaar :evil::biggrin::biggrin:

Tetedelacourse

Elmer Fudd said:
Brown Tuesday (as it shall now be known, as everybody shat themselves),
23-10.
Earliest I've gone to bed for ages !!

Good stuff EF. We can remember with grim reverence in years to come the events of 23-10.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Twenty Inch said:
Oooh! Baby TI would LOVE one of those in a few months (or be terrified). If you take commissions, Arch, PM me with details and I'd love to get one.

An elephant puppet? Sure, I'll be in touch....

Sam: no, not a taxidermist, although I have a friend who dabbled for a while, and we did once go to a taxidermist conference together. Some very... interesting people there. The bones I'm dealing with now are a reference collection of modern specimens, kept so that when someone is sorting the non-human bones they find on a dig, they can come and compare them to make sure they are identifying the right species. Mostly the bones found on site are food waste (cow, sheep, pig etc), or pets or commensal species - (dog, cat, rat, mouse etc), or fur-bearers (otter, marten, fox etc).

The knitted animals thing is getting a bit mad! So far I've done, on request, a ferret and a mongoose, and as a challenge, a nine-banded armadillo. I like to think I can probably do any animal, with a bit of thought, but I sort of make them up as I go along if I don't have a pattern! So if you have a particular choice, let me know and I'll see what I can do. I haven't started charging yet, although I'd ask for a couple of quid to go to Oxfam on my behalf... Someone did say I should start up an Ebay business and start charging...

Brock

Arch said:

*giggle* :evil:

Top Bottom