Oooooooowwwwwww

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
I've been a muppet. :ohmy:

My crown broke off ages ago, had a temp filling put in but didn't bother going back to have it fixed properly (dental phobia since childhood). :ohmy: As the filling has worn down, the edge of the tooth has become really sharp and has cut the side and underneath my tongue.

Now I have an ulcerated tongue on one side and it is bloody killing me!!!! I can't drink without a straw, food is out unless it's a sodden rusk and it even hurts to talk. I feel really rotten. :sad:

Trying all the usual 'remedies'. Bonjela, salt water, oraldene, corsodyl, anbesol. Applying salt straight onto the affected area ..... a bit like gouging out your eyes with a rusty scalpel. :cheers: xx( It took me about 10 minutes to get down from the ceiling.

Now I'm hoping I can find a dentist who will see me.

longers

Legendary Member
snapper_37 said:
Trying all the usual 'remedies'.
You seem to have missed one out Snapper - whisky. Even though I couldn't stand the taste or smell as a kid, my dad would always offer to dab a bit on an ulcer.
Now I'd happily apply it generously and often.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Nice one Longers. Of course, as the ulcers are in a very, very difficult place to get to, a 'dab' is really out of the question.

Mouth wash instead? Swallow and not spit?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
longers said:
You seem to have missed one out Snapper - whisky. Even though I couldn't stand the taste or smell as a kid, my dad would always offer to dab a bit on an ulcer.
Now I'd happily apply it generously and often.

What ... even when you haven't got an ulcer?:ohmy:

I hope you find a dentist quickly? If not, is there a Dental Hospital anywhere near... last time that I needed emergency treatment when I didn't have a dentist I was able to get treated there... but I don't know how common they are.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Yes, there is like a walk in centre just around the corner. I'm just a tad embarrassed as it was there I went to when I originally broke the crown. :ohmy:

Maizie

Veteran
snapper_37 said:
I'm just a tad embarrassed as it was there I went to when I originally broke the crown. :ohmy:
Don't worry about that side of it - dentists are very very used to people being scared of them! It's unlikely anyone will tell you off for not coming back - they will be more interested in stopping you being in pain.

Done similiar thing myself. Twice.

Most of the pain will be from an infection inside the tooth, so a dentist will only be able to temporary patch it again (btw. do it yourself remporary tooth fix kits are in Boots or most chemists) and give you a course of antibiotics to kill the infection.
When it is all better they'll be able to fix it permanently.

Good luck in getting an emergency dentist, try the NHS web site for list of them in your area.

Globalti

Legendary Member
pliers.jpg

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Snappers, as a mouthwash, try sage. A leaf, or dried in a cup and pour on boiling water. Leave to cool a bit. It takes away the pain, and heals up the ulcer in a few days. Miraculas.

A crown of some 20 years broke off in March - LAST YEAR! :bravo:

Having had a fear and loathing of dentists since childhood, I was a bit concerned, but there was no pain, so no need to visit the dentist, especially here where it is SOOOO expensive!

I endured the sharp tooth/sore tongue bit for a while, but the edge soon became rounded-ish! :biggrin:

I think (and hope) the nerve is dead as I've been lucky so far, and there is no disgusting rotting/decaying smell coming from the remainder of the tooth!

So, if it ain't broke painful, don't fix it! ;)

Hope you get it sorted, Snapper!

Top Bottom