Oops me and my big mouth!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
I appear to have bitten off a little more than I can chew. After inadvertently seeing a video on Cycle Speedway I mentioned something about starting a club to engage the youth in my area. I mean How hard can it be to get somebody to build a shale track in the park and get some kids to ride single gear bikes around it!

HOW MUCH?....Ohh god!, What do you mean PLANNING PERMISSION, eh? Consultation, Who with? Oh...FFS

Anyway Not to be put off......HELP!

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I would look around to see if there are any established charities focusing on out door activities willing to help out. I believe that the project will cost a large amount of money (as you have eluded to) so I would also look for an investment partner who would match fund you. Best of luck, sounds like a great idea.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
CTC might run a bike club for kids in your area. Give them a bell to see if they can help.

Hope it gets off the ground!! Projects like this are very expensive and would need to go through H&S checks

OP
OP
Vikeonabike

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Good news is it will only cost 20k to build a basic track. The local Motorcycle Speedway team is interested in a the project (lots of possibilities for both sides here) as are many of the schools. I've had good feed back form both the Cycle Speedway community and from the BCF....Next thing to do is organise and publicise a public meeting to see how much interest there is.
Target for the first organised race is Summer 2012 with a first league race in March 2013!

Top Bottom