Open Letter To Manchester Cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
peteoc said:
can't have been me as I didn't ride today...........but the question is what part of Wilmslow Road are you referring to?

I go down the A34 and left onto Wilmslow Road at Parrs Wood cinema.

Same here, I come down from Cheadle.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
potsy said:
No vid means it didn't happen Gaz:biggrin:

Damm you all LOL

To be fair, its not the irst time, I wouldnt have started a topic on a one off, its every day, my camera isnt charged today, so maybe tomorrow ;)

peteoc

gb155 said:
Same here, I come down from Cheadle.

where abouts do you live then? I live in Stretford and work at Cheadle Royal Business Park.

You'll need to wear a sign on your back tomorrow as I'll be riding in, if I see you I'll say hello lol

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Lot's of locals.....

I usually either go through Stockport East to Cheadle, out to Gatley then do a loop back into Didsbury or it's Cheadle, Manchester Road, A34 and into Central Manchester depending upon where I'm working. Home is the reverse....

potsy

Rambler
Another one here that goes thru Cheadle,daft times of day though so if you work 9-5 you won't see me.
That new road lay-out near the 'Farmers' pub looks better now I've seen it marked out,nice cycle lane in-between the left turn and straight on lanes,it's almost as wide as the 'car' lane:biggrin:

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
potsy said:
Another one here that goes thru Cheadle,daft times of day though so if you work 9-5 you won't see me.
That new road lay-out near the 'Farmers' pub looks better now I've seen it marked out,nice cycle lane in-between the left turn and straight on lanes,it's almost as wide as the 'car' lane:biggrin:

Most days Im through there between 6 am and 7.30 am , I dont go home that way though.

Yup that layout is miles better, almost like road planners know people cycle !!!

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
fossyant said:
Way too early for me.....8.00am to 8.15am ish !!! :tongue:

Lightweght :wacko:

I might , next Thursday, be there at around 8, what ya riding ?

lanternerouge

Veteran
I went down Wilmslow Road today - weird how quiet it was about 7:15. I don't normally go that way (was at the gf's) so it was nice to have a different commute to Cheadle. :tongue: Someone on a road bike joined me at the lights at Parrs Wood and then disappeared pretty quickly into the distance... didn't realise I was that slow! :wacko:

potsy

Rambler
gb155 said:
Most days Im through there between 6 am and 7.30 am , I dont go home that way though.

Yup that layout is miles better, almost like road planners know people cycle !!!

fossyant said:
Way too early for me.....8.00am to 8.15am ish !!! :evil:
Way too late for me,I'm there at 5am:ohmy: (or 1pm if on late shift)

peteoc

heh - normally I'm on the A34 coming up to Cheadle Royal Business Park around 8:15 however next week it'll more likely be 7:30 as im stuck on the earlies :biggrin:

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
peteoc said:
heh - normally I'm on the A34 coming up to Cheadle Royal Business Park around 8:15 however next week it'll more likely be 7:30 as im stuck on the earlies :smile:

What do you ride then mate ?

Top Bottom