Open Office - Impress

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
many thanks

derall

Guru
Yes, I do all my presentations with Impress, and am often sent .ppt files from tech suppliers. All open without problem in Impress, and I can save them as either .odp or .ppt files. Likewise I can easily convert my own presentations to .ppt if I need to send them on elsewhere.

I also have a copy of OpenOffice Portable on my USB stick, so can use Impress to run my .odp files on any computer I happen to be using at the time

barq

I've also saved them as .ppt files and had no problems. Someone on this forum did have some issue with the file not opening. But personally I've become confident enough to turn up to talks with a OpenOffice created file and never had a problem.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
dellzeqq said:
has anybody used Impress, and then opened the files in MS Powerpoint?

I've been using Impress with pupils for the past 18 months with no compatibility issues providing one remembers to save the Impress presentation as a PowerPoint format file for use in PowerPoint.

I haven't found anything that can be done with PowerPoint that I can not doe with Impress.

Abitrary

Death by keynote instead of powerpoint.

I play games in my presentations. I make my audience the presenters. I rid them of their childhood presenting fears and give them some new better founded ones for the future.

They call me The Presenter Man.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
shouldn't that be PeezentahMan ?

Thankyou one and all. I did succumb, and buy Powerpoint in the end - transferring text boxes from Publisher to Impress was dreadful.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
dellzeqq said:
shouldn't that be PeezentahMan ?

Thankyou one and all. I did succumb, and buy Powerpoint in the end - transferring text boxes from Publisher to Impress was dreadful.

Transferring text boxes from Publisher to anything else not created my Micro$oft is dreadful.

Top Bottom