Opinions of repair work wanted, please read

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
I know very little about MTB's but that looks massively expensive for a no name frame. And in fact the frame was not even very expensive. Taking a cheap frame and adding loads of kit does not make a £1300 bike, any more than taking a brand new 1.0 Corsa at £7000 and adding £7000 makes it worth £14k

At least it sounds like your LBS are straight people who are helping you get it ready to ride, so hope it all works out OK

BTW, those saying he has some come back via Ebay, it looks like it didn't sell on Ebay, so it must have been a private deal after it closed.

Also, £50 for p&P. You can post a bike via Parcelforce for £20 (up to 20kg) in a bike box (free from LBS)

OP
OP
A

aserota

Über Member
it was a private deal and i arranged my own courier...

im looking for a set of forks atm, my current ones will go on ebay

OP
OP
A

aserota

Über Member
Right,

I want this bike finished and sorted so i can give it a proper workout daily.

The only issue with the bike is the steerer, which means the forks are going to have to be changed or the frame is to be switched.

I have seen this frame (ignore size), which i am tempted to get. The forks (current ones) will fit and i have been immensely impressed with my trigon race bike.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Trigon-MT...=39:1|66:2|65:3|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

If i went ahead with this purchase, it would be taken to northwood cycles. They would then build the bike, recabling gears and brakes and setting everything up properly (with me test riding it before taking it home). This would still cost £31.

Alternatively, i can get a new set of rigid fork from bonterager (new) for around £150 and get them fitted.

Opinions welcome, but please note, i am not interested in comments about the rest of the bike, as i am happy with all components appart from forks/frame compatibility.

RedBike

I don't think it's worth swapping the frame over. The Trigon you've linked to doesn't look anything special to me. Is the geometry right for your forks?

You're probably better off buying a new set like the Kona Projects or if you are going to reguarly use this bike off-road then a set of suspension forks with a lock-out.

OP
OP
A

aserota

Über Member
The Konas look like they will do the job. Id rather no have suspension, as i prefer the feel everything ride.

Ill give northwood cycles a call and see if i can order these in and get them fitted this week.

Tidy.

Top Bottom