Opinions on Carrera TDF road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biker Joe

Über Member
I'm very happy with my Vanquish. Putting on some decent tires made a big difference over the stock ones.
The TDF is also very good but the Vanqish has better specs and weighs 10.4 kg.
bike-2-jpg.32256.jpg

I changed the colour scheme from green to red.

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Just shows how much interest there is in these bikes, enough to revive a two year old thread! Halfords can't be all that bad then.

Last edited:

Onthedrops

Veteran
I looked carefully at the TDF and made several visits to my local Halfords.

Went down with a a view to buying one. Entered the store and was astounded to find the price had increased to £500 almost overnight. There was no way I was going to pay that for a TDF so left, feeling a little cheated.
Looking further into buying a bike I stumbled upon the Triban 3 in a cycling magazine review. The review stated that the T3 was the best road bike they had ever tested in the price range (£299) They also stated that the T3 was as well specced as bikes twice the price.

A trip to Decathlon followed, got my correct size sorted with a ride round the store for good measure. The bike was then checked over to ensure it was safe to ride. (Take note Halfords)
Then the deed was done. I was a Triban 3 owner.

The above scenario happened just over a year ago. Glad to state that I am still a happy T3 owner.

Nothing against TDF's personally. Nice looking bikes. It's just Halfords who constantly mess with the prices.

Top Bottom