Opinions on Sufferfest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rock bus

Über Member
Hi all
With the continued cold and wet weather I’m going to have to spend some time on the turbo if I want to actually use my bike.

I was going to take up Zwift but missed the deadline for the cheaper price. Also not particularly inspired by graphics or idea of being dropped by a virtual group!

Sufferfest seems like a good alternative,can challenge myself and monitor progress. Also like the idea of video where I can pretend to be competing in top races.

Would be interested in people’s views and also I’m presuming the basic equipment will suffice ie basic turbo and Bluetooth cadence and speed sensors?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I've not used Sufferfest at all so can't help on that, but I've noticed that Veloviewer Pro members (£10 pa) get 2 months free trial on Sufferfest, don't know if that makes it cheaper than paying for 2 months, but you also get Veloviewer Pro for the year too :okay:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Then there is always BigRingVr New kid to the block, with some ambitious plans.

Ideally use a smart turbo (one that changes resistance with changing gradient) And ANT+ Speed cadence and HR monitors (Or better still Dual Band ANT+/BTLE), computer and a screen

I have used Sufferfest for approximately 18 months. It it quite good and really pushes you. You also have access to strength (non weights) workouts and yoga too. Also access to training plans. If you want the social thing use zwift, but users get tempted to ride off plan. I use Sufferfest with Wattbike atom

bobinski

Legendary Member
I am riding the Tour of Sufferlandria at reduced intensity as part of my recuperation from a knee op. Absolutely loving it. Brutal but strangely fun and enjoyable. I like that is a bit left of field in its approach and a small player ploughing a distinct and different way of training.

Top Bottom