Opinions on this bike, please :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Just a bit :biggrin:

I think it's going to be a bit of a wait, though, because the payment will take a few days to transfer - it isn't instant like it is in the UK now - and then they say allow up to 2 weeks between them receiving payment and shipping it.

I just looked at it again on my laptop (rather than the full widescreen monitor on my PC) and I'm surprised to see how short and tall it looks. And the wheels are round instead of oval. Who'd have thought it :laugh:
And there we were thinking we'd see pics of you riding it by the weekend.....:sad:

VamP

Banned
Ouch:B)

How did that happen?

Sorry for the massive OT lulubel.

An hour and a a bit into an all day ride (heh) I was coming down Ewhurst Hill (it's easily a 40mph hill without pedaling), and approaching the bend at the bottom caught a huge skid as I put brakes on to slow down for the bend. It's totally safe to negotiate that bend in the wet at cca 25mph, but I had to get completely off the brakes to recover the skid (spilled diesel/wet leaves??) so would have been cca 30 in the corner, and anyway.... next thing I know I was scraping myself off the tarmac about 40 yards further down the road. Bike traveled another 20 or so further, and miraculously, apart from scuffs and two flat wheels appears fundamentally unharmed.

Changed the tubes and on I went, with a small detour into Horsham to pick up a couple more tubes. Cut the day a bit short, but still good for 90 odd miles. Feeling a bit sorry for myself today though :B)

Big shout out to the lovely lady in a Disco who helped scrape me off the floor and took me to her house to drink hot tea and work out if I needed A&E or just a bit of MTFU :thumbsup:

OP
OP
lulubel

lulubel

Über Member
An hour and a a bit into an all day ride (heh) I was coming down Ewhurst Hill (it's easily a 40mph hill without pedaling), and approaching the bend at the bottom caught a huge skid as I put brakes on to slow down for the bend. It's totally safe to negotiate that bend in the wet at cca 25mph, but I had to get completely off the brakes to recover the skid (spilled diesel/wet leaves??) so would have been cca 30 in the corner, and anyway.... next thing I know I was scraping myself off the tarmac about 40 yards further down the road. Bike traveled another 20 or so further, and miraculously, apart from scuffs and two flat wheels appears fundamentally unharmed.

Ouch! That sounds painful. I hope you're not too sore today.

VamP

Banned
Ouch! That sounds painful. I hope you're not too sore today.

Ah, my beloved coated my wounds with manuka honey, which I scoffed at, but feel not too bad today. Went for a little 10 mile recovery ride earlier, and ...managed. Let's just, erm, leave it at that.

OP
OP
lulubel

lulubel

Über Member
Ah, my beloved coated my wounds with manuka honey, which I scoffed at, but feel not too bad today. Went for a little 10 mile recovery ride earlier, and ...managed. Let's just, erm, leave it at that.

Perhaps she's been watching Wartime Farm. They were saying on the latest programme that WWII farmers started keeping bees to supply the pharmaceutical industry with honey, which was used for its antiseptic properties.

Glad you managed to get on the bike, anyway. That's a step in the right direction.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Sorry for the massive OT lulubel.

Changed the tubes and on I went, with a small detour into Horsham to pick up a couple more tubes. Cut the day a bit short, but still good for 90 odd miles. Feeling a bit sorry for myself today though :B)

Big shout out to the lovely lady in a Disco who helped scrape me off the floor and took me to her house to drink hot tea and work out if I needed A&E or just a bit of MTFU :thumbsup:
Not a nice place to crash at speed. GWS mate

VamP

Banned
Perhaps she's been watching Wartime Farm. They were saying on the latest programme that WWII farmers started keeping bees to supply the pharmaceutical industry with honey, which was used for its antiseptic properties.

Glad you managed to get on the bike, anyway. That's a step in the right direction.

Ah no, it's a big thing in the horse community to use manuka on horse wounds, apparently. I consider myself privileged to receive same high level of my four-legged colleagues get. Couple of square feet* of road rash, not a hint of septicemia, so :thumbsup:

* possibly a slight exaggeration for effect.

OP
OP
lulubel

lulubel

Über Member
BIKE UPDATE: I've received an email saying it's being prepared for despatch, and will be handed over to the carrier in the next 4-7 days.

You did want updates - right? :biggrin:

Top Bottom